30's to 50's
On May 1, 1938, following a three week tent revival on the corner of Main and Center in Ada, Oklahoma, a group of 30 men and women assembled in a tent and organized Trinity Baptist Church. Reverend Roland C. King was the charter pastor of the church. The first month the membership grew to 80 members. In June 1938, a group of five men secured a $3500.00 loan from First National Bank to purchase property and construct a sanctuary located at 601 East 10th Street. This group of believer's desired for the church to be a house of prayer and a soul winning station that would spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the East side of Ada.
The church remains at its original location and we believe our mission statement of "Reach up to God, Reach out to the lost, and Reach in to fellow Christians" is continuing to honor the Lord and the legacy of the charter members.
During the late 1940's and early 1950's the church expanded the educational space and purchased the property west of Turner street for parking as the church membership grew to over 600 with an average Sunday School attendance of 175.
60's to 80's
Over the past 75 years Trinity has had eleven pastors including our current pastor, Dr. Rusty Fuller who has served faithfully since June, 1984. In June 1987, during the"Reaching for Tomorrow" campaign church members contributed over $500,000 for the construction of the new auditorium and in 1988 the church celebrated its 50th anniversary in the facility. The old sanctuary was converted to a fellowship area and it is now used for a Connection Center.
90's to Now
During the 1990's the church experienced continued growth and began to purchase property....in 1990 the lots behind the old "Ada Typewriter" building were purchased for $33,000 for parking. In 1993 the old Evangelistic Temple Gym on East Main which is now "The Refuge" was purchased for $50,000. In 1994 the Ada Typewriter building (North Annex) was purchased for $50,000. The old "Cowling Hospital" which had been converted to an apartment building located on the northwest corner of 10th and Turner was purchased for $120,000 and was torn down a few years later for the parking lot that we have today. In January 2005 the property north of this parking lot was purchased for $34,000 and in May of the same year we purchased a piece of property on East 9th street (The Yellow House) for $40,000. In 2005 the New Fellowship Center was completed for education and church fellowships. In February 2006 the property located at 730 E. Main was purchased for $250,000.00. This building is located very near the site of where the original Tent Meeting was held in 1938. This is now known as "The Source" and it is utilized daily by East Central University students and the community. In September 2008 the property located at 520 East Main was purchased for $170,000.00. This building has been renovated and we are now using our new church offices. Over the years the church has considered relocating to a larger site however, the church believes the Lord is leading us remain at the original location.
Since Trinity's beginning many ministries have changed and several new ministries have been established. While the methods of ministry and styles of worship have changed, the message of salvation has not changed and is proclaimed in every area of ministry! Missions, both foreign and at home, are important part of our church. The Youth and Student ministries reach many young people each week not only on the campus of Trinity but on the school campuses as well. Our Children's ministries have exploded as families desire for their children to learn about the Lord. The Senior Adult Ministry is a vital part of the church as many of these saints are living testimonies of God's love and provision over a lifetime of both happiness and heartache. The Music ministry, through praise, prepares our hearts each week to receive God's word from Brother Rusty who preaches the bible without reservation or apology. Connection Groups (Sunday School) are available for all ages. The Team Kid program encourages our children to hide God's word in their hearts. Falls Creek continues to be a highlight of the summer for many young people and each year we see young people begin their relationship with or surrender their lives to the ministry. God is blessing the Hispanic Mission as we cross cultural lines to serve the Lord together. Trinity has a reputation in Ada for reaching outside of the church doors by showing compassion and love through the benevolent ministry. The Prayer warriors at Trinity offer prayers for healing, salvation, and intercessory prayer through the "prayer chain" and prayer meetings. Our men's ministry seeks to provide spiritual growth and accountability. The women's ministry (Girls of TBC) offers Bible studies, encouragement, and emotional support for all ages of women. There is a faithful group of men and women who are willing to assist senior adults, widows, and families with help on home repairs. Dedicated drivers, through our Transportation ministry, provide transportation to church activities throughout the week. Sympathy is extended to bereaved families as meals are prepared by the excellent cooks at Trinity. Shut-ins and nursing home residents are often visited by church members.
In June 2010 the church entered the "Legacy...Generation to Generation", a financial stewardship campaign, that ended in June 2013 very successfully. We thank God for his blessings and seek to continue the His work by eliminating church debt, upgrading and expanding or existing facilities, and consider new construction. We celebrated God's faithfulness to our fellowship of believers during the 75th anniversary of the church. To God be the Glory for the great things he has done and continues to do!